Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bottom Floor Frame


After two weeks of absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing) happening, yesterday the bottom floor frame went up. I left for work at 7am, and there was no frame even delivered, and by the time I got home in the evening, the frame was standing and fully completed.

It isn't without drama though. There is a great big post down the middle of the back door (see photo below). This is going to take a stacked door and so should be completely open. Builder's will need to fix this one. Also we have high ceilings (which is great), but the wardrobe openings are only standard height, meaning a lot of wasted space.

A few days ago, I got a call from the builder saying that they couldn't hang the front door on the standard aluminium frame, because it weighed 85kgs!!! This is the same weight as me....well most of me! They need to bring in steel to support the door. I hope nobody gets their fingers caught in the door as it closes.

It's all very exciting for us as the kids can now stand in their room (and pretend to sit on the toilet!!!).

Brickies next....

No comments: